Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Joys and Pitfalls of Travel

Live has been pretty good in Hangzhou the last few days. We have been taking it easy, visiting our favorite spots, and eating our favorite food. Ben (Frances's boyfriend) flew in two days ago so it has been fun showing him around as well.

Just when I am feeling great and getting excited to go home, the worst happened (well feels like the worst): I came down with a nasty case of food poisoning. I didn't eat anything out of the ordinary but for some reason my body just decided to go crazy. I am through the worst of it I hope. I spent a large portion of the day with Lois, our American friend from California, who has a great apartment near the school. She fed me oatmeal and rice water which seemed to help, but I am still feeling weak and queazy. With this being Frances's last night in town before she goes with Ben to do some hiking I am a little frustrated I am forced to stay inside.

This week will be pretty open for me. I am going in to teach one more lesson with my sixth graders and have a spa date on Thursday. On Friday I will travel to Shanghai and Saturday I fly home. I am so eager to get home but will fully enjoy my last week in Hangzhou.

No comments:

Post a Comment