Thursday, May 9, 2013

Last Day in Hangzhou

I can't actually believe I am saying this, but today is my last full day in Hangzhou. Two months ago, I left my home in Missoula to come to a place where I didn't understand the language, had a completely different culture, and has almost nine times as many people as my entire state. I remember that Sunday when I arrived at the school, asking myself how was I ever going to survive two months in this horrible place…. well I survived, and loved (almost) every minute of it.

I still have a little more adventure to experience before I leave. Tomorrow I will take a bus to the Pudong Airport in Shanghai (which takes about three hours). I will then find the shuttle to hotel, go there for the night, then shuttle back to the airport for my flight. I am not going to attempt exploring Shanghai alone and if I miss my flight I think my father might have a heart attack.

Today will be a day of packing and goodbyes. I even think I will be able to keep my luggage under the weight limit without having a huge carry-on, which is nice when having to navigate two of the largest airports in the world (in Shanghai and Seoul, plus a layover in Seattle). I am also going to splurge a little and go get a manicure and pedicure this afternoon, followed by a trip to night market to pick up a few extra gifts and then a solo dinner at my favorite restaurant here.

I will try to keep the blog updated as I bus 130 miles to Shanghai then fly 6000 to get back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment