Friday, May 10, 2013

Safe and Sound in Shanghai

After a ridiculously easy trip to Shanghai, I am safe and sound and enjoying a final relaxing night in China.

After hauling two months worth of clothes and gifts and tea down to the street, a very nice woman helped me flag down a taxi. I think the taxi driver was a little irritated with all my things but took me to the bus station. With a little help, I bought my bus ticket and loaded up for a 3 and a half hour trip to Pudong Shanghai International Airport. Once I unloaded I navigated through the airport to the other terminal and easily located my shuttle bus and got to my hotel.

My room is very nice and even has a bathtub! I enjoyed a long bath, did some reading, and am waiting for room service (yes, I am fulling living up my cheap luxurious life).

I plan on getting a full night of sleep and shuttling back to the airport at 8 tomorrow morning. I don't fly out until noon but I am happy to wait at my gate instead of being worried about missing my flight. My travel time is three hours shorter than my time here, with four hour layovers in Korea and Seattle. I should be back in MIssoula by 7:00 pm local time. Just to get that straight, I will travel 21 hours but only lose 7 hours of time.

I will post updates as I have time. I can't believe this is my final night in China. Two months has gone by so fast, but I am extremely ready to return to my life in America.

No comments:

Post a Comment